The all-rounder of the swopper family and consists of a cast-iron foot ring, a spring strut with adjustable steel spring and a convex-shaped, padded seat. Height, spring hardness and sideways movement are individually adjustable. Available...
The all-rounder of the swopper family and consists of a cast-iron foot ring, a spring strut with adjustable steel spring and a convex-shaped, padded seat. Height, spring hardness and sideways movement are individually adjustable. Available in various high-quality cover materials.
How the swopper Revolutionised Sitting!
Designed and developed in Germany by husband and wife team Joseph (an engineer) and Dorle (a world famous physio) Gloeckl, the swopper was designed to help people relieve their back and spinal problems, and overcome the challenges our bodies face with static sitting.
It is the only seat in the world that can adapt to all three dimensions of human movement. This means that the swopper moves forward, backward, sideways, all the way around, as well as up and down! You can also adjust the tension and movement of the spring, and change the lateral movement, so it can become more or less stable.
This movement, sometimes called "active sitting" or "sitting in motion" has been shown to be the basis for many beneficial health effects. A person no longer needs to lean forward towards the table and flex their spine to work, as the swopper's flexible centre spring will bend forward, so there is no one-sided pressure on your intervertebral discs. Endorsed by ergonomists and architects alike, it’s certainly one of a kind!
Style & Convenience
The swopper is simply in a class of its own. The sleek, contemporary design and compact structure makes the swopper a perfect fit in any commercial or home environment. The swopper has revolutionized sitting, and has quickly become a huge success around the world.
- Helps relieve back pain
- Promotes active-dynamic sitting
- Good training for the muscles
- Keeps ligaments and joints in motion
- Stimulates blood circulation
- Encourages concentration & performance
- Unique design & functionality
- Height adjustable
- Dynamic spring adjustability
- Tension adjustment
- Weight limit 130kg
- Made in Germany
- Sideways movement adjustment
- Cast-iron foot ring & convex shaped padded seat
- Available in various high quality cover materials + colours
- Microfibre fabric: Soft to the touch, breathable, antistatic & easy to clean
- Premium leather: Easy to clean and antistatic. The black leather is tanned chrome free and its colours come from natural vegetable dyes.
Download the swopper FIT app for your iPhone
Sitting and burning calories at the same time? The swopper FIT app shows you how to do it. Download it now, track your activity and try its training session, calorie calculator and pedometer.
- Base colour: Anthracite or in Titanium which is a custom order.
- Base ring with gliders, Included: Metal gliders for textile-covered floors (Carpet etc...) & Felt gliders can be used for hard floors (tiles, stone, parquetry etc...)
- Base ring with rollers, Custom Order: Castors with brakes as per DIN EN 12529 for all types of floors (stone, tiles, parquetry, carpet etc...)
- Spring: SMALL (Custom Order) optimised for 40 – 70kg or MEDIUM optimised for 60 – 120kg (Stocked)
- Spring colour: according to colour of seat cover or base
- Seat height: Seat height: loaded 42 – 56cm resp. 45 – 59cm; unloaded 47 – 61cm resp. 52 – 66cm.
- Seat Cover: Microfibre fabric in a range of colours, Black, Ferraro Red, Royal Blue...other colours as custom order Terracotta, Sand, Violet & Pistachio
- Premium leather: Easy to clean and antistatic. The black leather is tanned chrome free and its colours come from natural vegetable dyes. Custom Order ONLY
Normally Stocked Colours:
- Ferraro Red with Anthracite Base & Glides
- Royal Blue with Anthracite Base & Glides
- Black with Anthracite Base & Glides
The swopper is endorsed worldwide by architects, designers, ergonomists and health professionals alike, and the manufacturer aeris holds several worldwide patents.
The Healthiest way to sit!
"The musculoskeletal or locomotor system is the treated as a poor relation nowadays. We are built for movement and yet we have to sit the whole time. That is not really how it was planned. An intervertebral disc that you load and relieve, load and relieve - as is the case when you run - is only compressed and compressed and compressed when you constantly sit. If you have to sit, then you should sit actively, not passively.
Normally we have an executive chair with a backrest up to the ceiling. We are seated. That is harmful, because the muscles of the spine atrophy. The swopper office seat, for example, forces you to sit actively. You are continuously exercising your back, regardless of what you are doing - reaching for the mouse, keyboard or file - you have to keep your back muscles active all the time. You do not even notice it while working. All in all, that is the healthiest way to sit."
(Dr. Michael Spitzbart, health expert)
Positive effect without medication or operation
"The results of the study show the positive effects of the swopper very distinctly. The results are particularly remarkable considering that apart from the swopper no therapy, no medication, no operations, no massage, no gymnastics etc. were applied to remedy back complaints!"
(Long-term study conducted by the Research Group for Industrial Sociology and Technical Design of the College for Applied Sciences in Hamburg under the leadership of Professor Detlev Krüger)
The swopper exercises all the senses
"The swopper follows each movement of the body and at the same time encourages it to change its position.
The active-dynamic sitting on the swopper activates in particular the vestibular-kinaesthetic (balance and movement) functions, whereby our proprioceptors are exercised in a complex manner. (...) This improves the underlying basis for attentive, concentrated working."
(Study by the German Federal Working Group for the Promotion of Posture and Movement, Wiesbaden, on the swopper under the leadership of Dr. Dieter Breithecker)
Damage is done by adopting relieving postures!
"Many acute and chronic back problems are due to lack of movement. A very good way of preventing this is to integrate movement into everyday life, especially everyday life in the office. The swopper provides a unique combination of sitting and moving. That is why i use it in my practice."
(Dr. Christian Kinast, Specialist for Orthopaedics and Accident Surgery, Munich)
The fat executive chair is out!
"The fat leather executive chair is indeed out - you cannot work in it. The swopper is perfectly designed from the physiological, medical and practical training points of view. It is good that it is adjustable in different ways so that each person can apply their own requirements profile for dynamic sitting."
(Prof. Thomas Wessinghage, Medical Director of the Medical Park AG, Bad Wiessee and professor at the German Academy for Prevention and Health Management)
How to assemble & adjust
3 Year Limited Warranty
- Three years on seat structures (spring, seat frame, height adjustment seat frame)
- One year on seat cushion and seat fabric
3D - Ergonomic
swopper- How to swop
Tips for using swopper